Spell checking Secrets of Microsoft Word
Categories : Miscellaneous
Difficulty : Medium
Spelling and grammatical rule are the toughest part of the written English, so most of the people commit mistakes. For help there are numbers of sites, which helps correct the mistakes online. Some among them provide free service with some restrictions, while some other sites make us purchase their product. Maybe most of us might not have yet realized that Microsoft Word can be also one of the best ways for spell check and correction. Now let’s revel few secrets of the Microsoft Word, which helps for better writing.
1. Check Spelling as you type
This is the default feature of Microsoft word, which is helpful for preparing mistake free, smart documents. This feature can also be turned off if it is distracting you to do so look at the following steps.
- Choose file
- Now proofing
- Now to reverse the setting un-check the option Check spelling as you type.
2. Add Unusual Words to Dictionary
It is obvious that all the words that are used these days are not listed in the Microsoft dictionary list, in that case those words will be reported as possible spelling errors. In this case, dictionary customization is necessary. Just to customize the dictionary look at the following steps.
- Choose File
- Proofing then
- Now, click custom dictionary
- Ezine Advertising In Multiple Ezines (ezinead.net
>Then, click custom.dic file
Now start adding the words. However, to add a long list of words it would be better to edit the dictionary file.
3. Hide Spelling Errors Just for Once
Sometimes red wiggly lines might distract you a lot, so in this case you would better apply this setting for a specific document. Just to enable this feature look at the following steps.
- First of all choose the file
- Now click proofing. Within the ‘Exceptions for’ group of options, make sure the current document name appears in the box, and click Hide spelling errors in this document only
- Still spellings can be checked within the document by simply pressing F7 button.
4. Check Foreign-Language Spelling
Generally in most of the cases Word doesn’t support multi-language it does support the assigned language only. However, word can be trained to recognize different other language except the default language. To do this, look at the following steps.
- Click the option word list and assign the correct language that is to be implemented on
- Now, click review tab located at the ribbon toolbar
- Then click Language and choose Set Language in the Proofing group of buttons.
This article is also solution for
Microsoft Word Spell Checker
Foreign language spelling Checker
Ignore Spelling Errors Just for Once
Check Spelling as Typed